Whale watch trips are generally 3.5 to 4 hours in length; depending upon the location of whales, tours may be extended under the discretion of the captain. While onboard can be a fun and exciting environment it can potentially be dangerous as well. Passengers must remember they are on a moving platform, which many passengers are not accustomed to.
In the unlikely event of no whale sightings, to be determined by the captain, rain check passes will be issued to every paying passenger onboard. These passes do not expire and can be used at any time depending upon availability, reservations required.
Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises provides a fun and exciting onboard environment, where safety is our number one priority. Passengers must remember that the boat is a moving platform, an experience that will be new for some. While on board, all passengers must observe the following policies:
1) While onboard all passengers must adhere to all safety announcements.
2) Must keep both feet on deck at all times.
3) Standing on seats or benches is prohibited.
4) Sitting on seat backs, railings, stairways or tables is prohibited.
5) Passengers moving around the vessel must use the hand railings at all times.
6) Running while onboard is prohibited.
7) Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
8) Passengers assume all risk incidental to all cruises.
Terms and Conditions
In its sole discretion Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises reserves the right to: deny passage to any individual with or without a purchased ticket, search any passenger or carry-on items. Items prohibited onboard: coolers larger than 6 pack, jogging or double wide strollers, glass containers, alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, weapons, or any item deemed inappropriate by Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises. In its sole discretion Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises reserves the right to delay, modify, terminate or cancel any cruise without prior notice and without liability thereto.
Cancellation / Change Policy
If Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises cancels a trip:
1) HWWC will make every attempt to notify all passengers by phone and or e-mail as soon as the decision is made to cancel a trip.
2) HWWC will make every attempt to reschedule all passengers on a future trip depending upon availability.
3) HWWC will provide a full refund if rescheduling is not possible.
Cancellations by HWWC are decided on a trip by trip basis. We try to make decisions on cancellations 12-24 hours before the trip, however we may wait on a decision to sail right up until sailing time. We sail rain or shine. The weather in our area can be tricky to forecast and many factors influence wave height and sea conditions. Our captains have all available resources available to them and many years of experience deciding on whether to sail or stay at the dock. If HWWC cancels a trip its for your comfort and safety.
If a passenger cancels or changes a trip:
HWWC has a 24 hour cut-off on cancellations and changes by passengers.
Up to 24 hours before trip:
1) Can reschedule at no charge depending on availability.
2) Can cancel with a $5.00 service fee per person.
Within 24 hours of trip, tickets are non-refundable for cash or credit:
1) Can reschedule with a $5.00 service fee per person for a specific trip or email us at [email protected] to select an open reservation to be booked at a later date.
No-shows will be charged the full price of their reservation. In case of an emergency, please email us at [email protected] prior to your trip’s departure.